Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Book Coming

Keep your eyes and ears open for the arrival of our newest addition to the library. I have ordered Kaffe Fassatt's beautiful book Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts, published in 2010. It is not only a book of patterns for both beginner and expert but encourages us to also explore the geometric shapes and patterns we can observe in the natural environment. I will let you know when it arrives.

Follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4Pj5aLZjw to hear Kaffe talk about his book and developing our powers of observation to see our world in new and wonderful ways.

On my recent trip to Vietnam I used up a lot of space on my camera card with pictures of tiles and other patterns in the old buildings and temples. I just might use them after listening to Kaffe.

Enjoy! Glo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...