Monday, February 20, 2012

lets go out {part one}

Hi ladies! Just a quick reminder that tomorrow night is Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Tuesday and our regular meeting hall is unavailable due to a St Mary's church function. Instead of getting together to stitch, why not come along to dinner at The Olive Tree. We're meeting at 6:30pm and I'm sure all attendants will have a great time.

source

While on the topic of dinner, I've been perusing the Moda Bake Shop of late and have found some cute little table runner recipes here and here. If you've never visited the Bake Shop, please take some time to browse through the fabric recipes because there are some incredibly lovely patterns there for you to use {free for personal use}.

And while on the topic of dang, cute, little, table toppers, take a look at this one by Jo Morton on the allpeoplequilt.com website. I think even I could manage it {ha ha}. You can check out the pattern for it there, among lots of other sweet patterns and projects.

Scrap Lab Table Mat from allpeoplequilt.com

Lastly, I came across a wonderful article by Victoria Findlay Wolfe on the use of colour in quilting projects which is a favourite topic of mine, as my day job is all about colour. Even more wonderfully, I managed to see that Victoria posts a series of these articles, which are interviews on the topic with various quilters {check out the links under the big colour wheel on the left hand side}. I had to agree with Jacquie Gering, who was interviewed February 16, that I'm quite partial to the Pantone colour of the year myself... are you?

Pantone Journal in Tangerine Tango... nice!


Oh, and for those of you who are off to dinner, I'm going to try to take a few snapshots at dinner tomorrow, so stay tuned for part two of this series!!

Happy stitching... and pancake eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...