Friday, June 20, 2014

three: friday favourites

Howdy Stitchers...so here is the next instalment of Friday Favourites for you. I've had a couple of lovely emails this week from our members, which is great to see. Thank you ladies!

Annie has put us on to this lovely blog run by Khristina, Anita and Diana called Freebies for Crafters. This blog is basically a wonderful collection of free patterns and tutorials from around the internet, all in the one place for you to enjoy. There are quilt patterns, softies, bags, blocks, pincushions, pillows, interesting techniques, aprons... gosh, just so much that you really do need to see it to believe it. Down the right-hand side of the blog is a list of subjects you can search through. You can also click on the related items at the end of each post to find more lovely things.

I know some of our members have been swooning over cathedral windows lately and I came across a couple of sweet projects using this technique in no time at all. Here is one for those of you who like very quick projects... the faux cathedral windows pincushion!


source: Diary of a Quilt Maven


Annie also mentioned there were a lot of owls on this site (73 listings) and I have to say she was right! Admittedly, I only looked through three pages of owls, but here is my favourite little guy...


source: Love the Blue Bird

And lastly, although you're all going to think I'm a little obsessed with floss holders, you have to admit these little guys from Wild Olive (also found through Freebies for Crafters) do make you smile! If you like modern, cute stitching designs or just want to smile a whole lot more, take a look around Mollie's blog too. It's one of my favourites!


source: Wild Olive

Infact... I think Mollie appeals to my inner geek as well as my love for all things stitchy, which makes her blog just my cup of tea. I'm not sure how many of you are Star Wars fans (or have males in your life who are) but there is a day every year which sci-fi geeks refer to as Star Wars Day... it's May the fourth (may the force). Hmmm... anyhow, Mollie posted some mini Star Wars stitching patterns just prior to May which I think are super cute. Just look at that little face!


source: Wild Olive


Well, thanks again to Annie for letting us in on this little secret. I've had lots of fun looking through Freebies for Crafters, as I'm sure you all will too! Remember, there's a link to my email address in this post, if you've got something to share with us all. Don't be shy!

Happy stitching!


Kylie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...