Saturday, April 28, 2012

I spy show and tell


It's my turn to show and tell!  I made this quilt for my daughter, Nicky, for her 21st birthday next week.  The pattern is free to download at Stitched together blog . I wanted to try making a large stained glass quilt and this pattern was simple for a test run!  I made the centre square first because my machine is too small for large quilts and then used a quilt as you go method to add the borders.  Green is Nicky's favourite colour so I hope she likes it!  I decided to make a quilt for Nicky's birthday at the end of March and everyone told me I was crazy but I was really pleased to get it done in plenty of time!


This beautiful wall hanging is one Di made!  The pattern was "Iris quilt" from Patchworks unlimited and Di decided to use only the centre design.  She started it a while back but took it to the quilt retreat recently to finish off.  It looks lovely Di! 

Chinese Whispers



From this to...


26 ladies took part in a Chinese Whisper swap and the blocks were revealed recently.  This one is Annie's "I spy with my little eye" clue.  It looks fantastic pieced together!

And finally...


In the previous blog entry Glo told us about the Mariner's compass templates that are now in the library.  Here's one Glo made.  Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...