Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tasmania

I recently visited Tasmania well Hobart really. My sister-in-law, knowing my interest in Quilting had gathered a list of likely places I might want to visit. Well it was more like  - "You will visit" I had heard Ann talk of a recent visit to Hat Creek so was keen to include that to my list. We set off via Richmond, through to the next small town, then on to a dirt road. Finally in the middle of nowhere a sign written on a post "Hat Creek" Along side of the gate was a very large padlock with "NO ENTRY"  We gave up and went home. I later discovered that the owners were in Melbourne at the Quilt Show!!!

Next on to the other places -we went to New Norfolk. It was very small and no one was bothered that I was there.

Hugs and Kisses next stop. Good reviews on the internet. I was excited. Sign on the door. Closed until next week attending the Quilt show in Melbourne.

The Needlewoman was  good but catered for all areas of the crafts spectrum.

Finally I found two but both had representatives at the Quilt Show so couldn't get what I wanted.
-The Patch Works with a great range of fabric and Frangipani Fabrics. They have both promised someone will get back to me. I wonder.

It did mean I didn't exceed my weight limitation on the cheap flight!!

Sheila Millington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...