Thursday, August 10, 2017

Wedding Quilt Show and Tell

This quilt was one of Joy's I took to finish for her.  It came with a ready made label that Joy had embroidered for her son's wedding day so I felt it was an important one to finish.  My husband and sons recently went away for a couple of weeks so I decided to crack on with the quilt.  I laid all the blocks out on the floor in order of sewing and went to get the camera to capture the shot so I wouldn't get the blocks mixed up as I sewed.  

This is what I saw when I came back...



The next few minutes were spent trying to persuade Mooch, the stubborn greyhound, to get his doggy body off the CREAM CALICO quilt blocks while the darling creature rolled around like he was in heaven.  Several of the blocks flew through the air which added to his doggy delightedness.  Let's just say that at the end of it this was the only picture I had of the blocks in the correct order.

Despite his help I managed to finish the quilt.


Joy had embroidered and quilted all of the blocks and I had to add the sashing and put it all together using a quilt as you go method.  I hope the newlyweds of 8 years enjoy their quilt.  Sssh!  Don't tell them the part about the dog helping out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...