Sunday, March 3, 2019

A great weekend was had at retreat!


Eight of us went to The Retreat, Gisborne, for the weekend and we were joined by four more on the Saturday for Sit n Sew.  There was lots of talking, laughing, swearing and drinking.  That was me.  The others did lots of sewing ;-)

I took a lot of photos but I obviously need lessons because I hardly have any that are in focus.  Oops!  Enjoy the ones I did manage to capture...
Sit n Sew

One of Sue's eye spy quilts
Another of Sue's eye spy quilts.  Sue had a slow day of sewing on the Friday but made up for it by the end!



Judy did a lot of sewing.  This is her disappearing hourglass quilt before it was pieced together.
Rosie worked on this quilt that she started many years ago.  She'll finish it one day!



Jan made this "falamingo" quilt for her daughter.


Jan also started this braid quilt.
Here I am pretending to sew.  This is Judy's machine so it's obvious that I'm not sewing.  The glass in my hand may be a bit of a giveaway too!  


Gail started this jelly roll quilt.

Robyn has almost finished this quilt for her grandson.

Dinner time!



I spent all weekend making hunter star blocks.  This is all I had to show for my hard work!

Judy worked on these delightful Dresden Plates.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...