Saturday, July 11, 2020

Am I getting a Reputation?

Posted by Glo

Evelyn thinks i am up to no good most of the  time with my quilting adventures so I thought I would try to live up to my reputation with some tempters.

But first to other people who are doing amazing things.

Julie Bernotti is recuperating from not one, but two shoulder operations!  Consequently most quilting is impossible but she has been using her Janome 500e embroidery machine to create these adorable snowpeople.  Heal well Julie!





_________________________________________________________________________________

Annie C. has finished her miniature  version of Rachelle Denney's Isolation Mystery quilt.  She says the sashing eliminated the need to match some of the fiddly points.  It looks beautiful and will measure around 31 inches after the binding.





______________________________________________________________________________


Now can I tempt you!



I really like the simple easy block I showed to Robyn and am busily creating a quilt from the one block.  I am not sure where it will go but love the concept.  It is a gem in so many ways!

minimal easy construction
minimal measuring, minimal cutting
minimal sewing and minimal matching!
Plus minimal waste!

What more can you ask for.

Send me a message if you want the instructions.  The original block (8 inches unfinished) was designed by a New York quilter, Anita Grossman Solomon.  You can find her on Utube.



Most of the lovely fabrics I used are compliments of Barb!  They are not to her taste but I love them!
Will experiment with a more scrappy version one day!
_______________________________________________________________________________


The Silver Lining blocks are caught up at number 9!


____________________________________________________________________________
I decided to be brave and baste my Laundry Basket quilt using the pool noodles and all was going well until I checked the back and lo and behold there was a big pleat!  
Back to the drawing board for another day!

_____________________________________________________________________________



And since I told you about a New York quilter I had better balance that out with a Canadian one, Karen Brown, who has a great approach to the whole quilting experience and 
laughs at herself as well.


I really like her idea of an After Quilt, which is the quilt you make from the leftover bits of a quilt you have just made.

Here's a Utube video to check out!


__________________________________________________________________________


And finally I know how upset we all are!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...