Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sit n Sew workshop

 Post written by Evelyn

I finally made it back to Saturday Sit n Sew at the Salvation Hall woo!  Judy V showed us how to make a portable ironing pad/cutting board folder and she generously provided kits too! Judy has more if anyone is interested in making one.

Gail, Mary and Debbie were teacher's pets and had theirs put together in no time!  Here's Mary's version.  She and a friend are making a larger sized folder together next.



Here's Debbie's!  The fabric is so much fun!



Gail made this lovely flowery version.  



Judy and I were slackers and the others had finished theirs before we'd even really got started.  Judy used special fabric she's put aside to make matching useful quilting items.  She quilted her outer fabric before assembling the folder.



I used a fabric panel that was gifted to me from a friend of a friend that I hadn't known what to do with.  It was perfect!  I had to piece my inside pocket together before I could start assembling my folder.  




Here's the folder opened out.


And a picture of it in use.  Well, posing as if it's in use at least!

I forgot to take pictures during the day which is really annoying!  Judy V was very organised with her kits and prep work and was very willing to help.  I could have done with one of those full body aprons though because I was a bit slapdash with the glue.  It even ended up in my hair!  Judy V also took over hammering my decorative/protective corners after I hammered my thumb.  Twice.

It was a great workshop!  Thanks Judy V!!!

Don't forget that the next Saturday Sit n Sew is the much anticipated shirt challenge reveal.  It's a day not to be missed.  See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...