Thursday, March 26, 2020

What happens at retreat stays at retreat

Except for the wonderful pictures of course!

Here's a picture of my car full of stuff for retreat. We then squeeeeezed Judy's things in afterwards.


The sewing room starts and ends up looking like this.  It looks so empty and lonely doesn't it?!


Well we soon filled it!  I'm an early bird at retreat so I usually get the sewing room all to myself for an hour or two in the mornings.  This is what it's like for me at that time.  I took advantage of that hour of the day to drink coffee, hog the cutting boards, drink more coffee and then I nosed around other people's tables.


Ann made this disappearing four patch from beautiful batiks she bought in Hawaii.


She then made this quilt at least four times but she's really good at unpicking now.  Oops I forgot the what happens at retreat rules!  


I was very productive and made 6 WHOLE quilts.  The other ladies were such slackers.  





I also worked on this robot quilt.  He's going to be very cute but I can only sew him before wine o'clock.  All you eagle eyed viewers will see why.



Rosie (and Judy!) made this quilt.  It's a sample quilt designed on a children's book called The Quiltmaker's Gift.  Rosie started it a good few years ago and must be very happy that it's finished.  



Rosie also made this lovely quilt in 1930's fabrics.  It's stunning!


Here we all are (mostly) hard at work.  We had a couple of visitors on the Saturday so there was much to talk about and lots of laughter.


Judy V is working on her shirt challenge quilt.  Janice must have arrived after I took pictures because I don't have a photo of the beautiful blocks she's working on.


Sheila is making a dragonfly quilt.  I can't wait to see it finished!  Knowing Sheila, it probably already is!


Kate stitched down bindings.  This is one of the ones she worked on.



Judy A added borders to this quilt.  It's been made with scraps and half square corner trimmed pieces from another quilt.  She also helped Rosie with her quilt and worked on another.


Kay sewed a fair few of the outside blocks together on this French medallion quilt top.  She swore a lot.  But not nearly as much as the Emma BLEEPING Mary quilt makers.


Kay also started this half square triangle quilt.


Robyn worked on her Dear Jane runner.  


Di is making this sensational quilt!


Jan made this top for her new granddaughter.  It's a layer cake friendly pattern.


Here are a couple of quilts on display at the retreat.  Quite a few have been inspired to make this one.


And more can't wait to make their own scrappy version of this!


Are you a glass half full or half empty kind of person?  All retreat I found that my glass was either half empty or completely empty.  Those other ladies must have been stealing my wine while I wasn't looking!  They're a sneaky lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...