Friday, April 10, 2020

Happy Easter


 Happy Easter Everyone. It is a little sad, today is Good Friday when traditionally we would have a large seafood lunch with family. Alas today a tin of tuna! However I do have some feasts for your eyes. It is great that everyone is busy stitching. Keep the quilts going we might have to air the quilts twice next year!


This is Annie C's quilt.  This has been completed using her stash and has had to improvise a bit. It is the pattern that has been provided by Laundry Basket Quilts. They were free blocks which came daily for 15 days and did pose a bit pf a challenge. We look forward to seeing more as I know others are tackling the same quilt

 Kay Heriot

Just need to get it framed now. Bought the pattern from Ballarat (The Elephant Patch) on one of our bus trips. I’ve made this for my son in law who has worked in politics/Canberra & I think he’ll appreciate the clever humour in this. The balloon in the background was blown up (not when stitching) whilst I was on FaceTime with one of my grandchildren (it’s his 4th birthday this week) & we had to cancel his party due to the dreaded covid. Nana acted out a few little silly things while blowing up the balloon & made him laugh. 

Robyn has had time on her hands though she will now have to go back to work next week. I know she has watched a great many videos over the Great Australian Craft Show which was a way of letting us experience the sites of many stitchers and quilters. Having done that she used a jelly roll to complete a small quilt for our Sunshine Hospital project. Well done very tastefully photographed



This is my completed task. (Sheila) It has taken me many months. It is a sampler quilt but the object was to practice free motion quilting, so I have taken a few close up shots to show that . Sorry there are so many but each block is different and I wanted it as a reminder of what to do when I am stuck for a filler or design. Most of it is free motion with no drawing but I have used a ruler for the straight lines. I have decided I like free motion more than piecing but I have to do the piecing to have something to free motion










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...