Thursday, April 16, 2020

Will my sewing machine last this onslaught of sewing?

If I could visit your homes I am sure I would hear the hum of the sewing machine(s)!  It is great to see how productive everyone is!

I loved Evelyn's story of her first quilt and the amazing transformation that has taken place!  I am sure many of us have similar stories!

I have not been a slouch by any means and can proudly declare that I have once again ignored most of my UFOs and soldiered on with new projects.

The one UFO I did finish hand basting with my boards has been the Jen Kingwell mystery quilt from Quiltmania, called Marshall.  It wasn't the easiest thing to put together and the scrappy look even challenged me, the scrap queen!  I will attempt to quilt this myself!





I had a few scrap happy days making the next quilt which has grown too big for me to quilt myself.  I do like its happy nature.  Do you recognise any of your donated fabrics?



And finally after much agony, I have finished piecing the Edyta Sitar quilt from her Laundry Basket Quilts BLOG.  It is called California.  Annie C has put together her beautiful version and I know Sheila is on the job.  Kay is keeping her options open at this stage and Ann McW is keen as well! Anyone else participating?







If all my sewing machines fail I have a singer treadle!

For those interested there is a facebook group called Helping Our Hospital Heroes Australia who are organising sewing for various hospitals.  This was mentioned earlier by Judy V in one of our mail-outs and the group now has a website as well as facebook!

https://www.helpingourhospitalheroesaustralia.com

It is a Rotary sponsored initiative.  I (Glo) have just delivered 24 hats to the Sunbury contact.  You can find all the contacts on the facebook site.




Keep safe and secure in your happy sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...