Saturday, April 18, 2020

Those UFO's are Biting the Dust

I finally got around to putting a label on my very first quilt, only taken 16 years! 😂 And look at this points!

We don't care about points especially points 16 years old Kay, well done to have it done and dusted




Kay took a class at Quilt Encounter, South Australia last year with Deborah Louie to learn  free motion quilting & raw edge machine appliqué. She had been putting this off & it’s sat there literally looking at her for the past 9 months - could say she was a little frightened at tackling it,  now she thanks ‘iso’ for allowing her to get on with it! 



It is great to see people that have not been with the club long willing and able to show us what she has done Debbie Zara sent me these quilts. She said
"Could you please add to show and tell. Hope everyone is keeping busy l sure have complete three UFO s one that was hidden five years, put it away in frustration doing embroidery and forgot about it. The red one is new it’s for me l love native flowers. My hubby bought me an early birthday gift l'm loving it a new machine need a license to work it but l'm getting there, cut out three more quilts so keeping very busy love to all keep safe.  Debbie Zara 





Thanks both of you for forwarding your quilts, I think we are winning the war.although I doubt iso will stop for a while. It is hard not meeting up with people that you saw frequently. If you are feeling lonely, feel free to ring or email anyone on our club list. As they say "We are all in this together". 
Keep stitching and sewing, it keeps me sane.  Why do I fall for every freebie, or quilt or stitch along?  Glo is responsible for Laundry Baskets, Ann for the Love and Hugs, Robyn for the raw edge applique. So enough. I am not starting anything new well this week.
Stay safe everyone Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...