Thursday, April 23, 2020

Someone's not stitching

Good morning all. I think I am getting used to isolation and will become a recluse. What do you think? I have got used to it, but a bit over the scenery! All that cleaning and dusting I did a month ago, guess what the dust is back and now it needs doing all over again.

I took up Glo and Annie's C's challenge of the Laundry Basket quilt, using only stash. I knew before but now I am sure, I do not enjoy cutting multiple pieces and sewing them together again. I am up to block 10 with 15 in all. My sewing room has 64 blue triangles and 64 light triangles waiting to be sewn together, and they have to measure exactly 3 and a half inches!!!!!! They you sew them together! These blocks need ironing probably 5 times before they are complete. However I will finish it, I will and all the other things I have started. Well maybe not that Love and Hugs Stitchery. I have done 4 blocks of that and my stitches are terrible.

Next week I am going to take a new direction. Watch this space. It wont be cooking either, I am over that too would love a take away or have someone else cook it. I did complain and Ron cooked tea......sausages, fried egg, baked beans and potatoes. Oh for a gourmet meal!

Kay took a class at Quilt Encounter, South Australia last year with Deborah Louie to learn  free motion quilting & raw edge machine appliqué. She had been putting this off & it’s sat there literally looking at her for the past 9 months - could say she was a little frightened at tackling it,  now she is  thanking  ‘iso’ for allowing her to get on with it! She must have taken a liking to free motion quilting as I know that she has purchased a big dream panel. She will show us I know when complete, is that next week?





While in isolation, I decided to write a  list of unfinished projects. I brought these paint by number art pieces for my grandchildren, I think was been a little bit ambitious, they were very hard for them, so guess who got the job of finishing them. Well, both are now completed and I’m very happy to finish them, now onto some other unfinished sewing projects. I’m starting to enjoy this isolation thing. Thank you  Robyn Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...