Thursday, May 7, 2020

A quick Quilt


A big call out to Sunbury Stitchers...... I am sure many of you have completed some projects by now or you may have started out on something new. Where are they ? We need to see them . I have spotted a few on Facebook so please make sure they get to someone's inbox so that they can be celebrated by all. It is such a great feeling when a project started many years ago is finally completed.

I am hoping for an easing of restrictions in the near future when , once again we can enjoy a cuppa, a chat, with someone other than the person you live with. Even a Saturday Sit and Sew sounds bliss.


Elizabeth Hartman’Penguin’ quilt. I think it’s the quickest quilt I’ve made to record from go to woe thanks to iso! Kay keeps churning them out well done Kay.


Sheila


I know I posted this last week but I managed to keep Ron out of my sewing room by asking him to build a frame to mount this on. It hasn't made it to the wall yet but getting closer.




I used batik fabric kindly donated by Di Hutchinson to raw edge applique these dragonflies. The batik was perfect for this It was quite a long process cutting, gluing, and then stitching. Once complete I felt it needed a border which has made it much bigger than I initially wanted. It is now 60x60 inches. It was to be a wall hanging but I might have to move into a barn to display it!
Once all stitched in place I quilted it using free motion. This is the part I enjoy most. The darker parts have feathers and pebbles and but the light in the centre has only pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...