Thursday, May 7, 2020

Use your noodle!

Post written by Evelyn

Kay sent me this picture of her basting with pool noodles.  This method saves your back and knees!  There are plenty of tutorials online but this noodle video seems pretty good.

Noodle basting

Kay also sent me a picture of her beautifully organised threads.  You can get a length of plastic tubing from the local DIY store, cut it the lengths you need and make a slit down it and place around your sewing threads.  This stops the threads from unravelling.  This also works well with bobbin threads.

Tidy threads

Here's another Laundry Basket Quilt!  Annie M made this one.  She's also finished her shirt challenge and it's just so cute but you'll have to wait to see it on the big reveal day.  Whenever that may be!  A little birdie told me that Rosie is also making and unpicking and remaking this laundry basket quilt too.

Annie M's Laundry Basket quilt

Here's mine.  Actually, that's a lie as my laundry basket appears to be the bathroom floor doesn't it sons?  I don't know where's they get it from?!


I recently made a half square triangle star quilt.  It was supposed to look like one Ann made a while ago but it just wasn't working for me so I kept arranging the blocks on my design wall until I was happy with them. After I finished quilting it on Judy's frame there was enough backing and wadding at the end and sides to quilt special memory baby quilts.  I love it when this happens!  You use up all those scrappy bits and you don't have to pin anything to the frame because it's already on there!  Judy made all but one of these baby quilts from mostly donated fabrics.

Baby quilts on the frame

A huge quilt of quilts

Finished half square triangle quilt.  

I'm so happy with this quilting design!  I extended the coloured half square triangle points into the binding.  This one took me an hour and a half to do.  I had eight of them.  NEVER AGAIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...