Sunday, May 24, 2020

We went to retreat!

Post written by Evelyn

This weekend Judy A, Ann Mc, Robyn, Kate and I went to retreat!  A virtual WhatsApp retreat that is!  It all began on Friday when I posted a google street view image of The Retreat to my fellow retreat goers and asked them where they were!  Someone, who will remain nameless, saw the picture and thought I was really there so went into a bit of a panic wondering how she was going to get there! After I finished laughing myself silly, I shared that with the rest of the group so we could all have a laugh.  
Sorry Kate ;-)

It was a wear your pyjamas weekend.  Here I am looking very fetching in my mismatched pair.   


Judy was very productive this weekend! She quilted a few things, put binding on others and filled the design walls with her next projects!

Judy didn't get the pyjamas memo.  She's very dressed up under that long coat.  
Judy added flying geese borders to this panel and quilted it in gold thread.
Then Judy worked on this quilt which she started at the Uno retreat many years ago.
Judy finished this quilt off for a lady who bought the half made quilt top at an op shop and has been unable to finish it herself.  She's going to be delighted when Judy drops it off to her!
Judy filled the design wall with these hexies.  She said that she may take some time to sew it together so let's hope no one else needs the design wall for a while!

Another quilt laid out on the design wall.  This one has 82 half square triangles!
Judy prepared binding for these baby memory quilts.
Judy was VERY naughty!  Bad Judy!

Ann was also very busy!  She worked on her embroidered quilt, quilted a jelly roll race quilt top and started cutting out fabric ready to make this Mysolation mystery quilt fundraiser which a few of our members are going to be joining in with.
Ann is stitching in the ditch quilting this quilt top.

Batik jelly roll race on Ann's quilting frame.

Ann is cutting out 256 (2 1/2 x 6 1/2) rectangles.  I believe she may even be cutting out enough for two quilts.  Ann is crazy!
Robyn started retreat with a bottle of beer.  She then got out of control!  Robyn worked on a quilt as you go quilt.
Beer!
Hand sewing.

Here's Robyn adding the joining strips to her quilt as you go quilt.

Kate was at work for some of the retreat but once she went home she got straight to her sewing.  Kate started working on another Quiltworx pattern called Holiday Traditions.  She also worked on the hat she's knitting for her dad using wool she purchased from Abbe at The retreat last time we were (really) there.

There's lots of foundation paper piecing!

Lovely knitting pattern.
I was pretty lazy and didn't get a lot done.  I cut out fabric to make this Coin Quilt.  It's a free layer cake pattern if you subscribe to the blog.  My layer cake wasn't sized very consistently and for that reason I would suggest that if you want to make it you use jelly roll strips, scraps or yardage. 

My quilting frame is great for storage!


It wasn't long before I was unpicking!

This is as much as I got done!  That won't fit on my queen sized bed in a hurry!
Throughout the weekend we messaged each other with mostly silly stuff and posted lots of pictures of our sewing progress, meals we were eating and things that were actually happening in our homes in real life.  There may even have been a few pictures of wine we were drinking.  It was really quite fun!

Ann's Devonshire tea.  She shared this and we all wanted to throttle her drooled!
A retreat isn't a retreat without the "Nudie run" and the fall off the chair!  


My son wondered what on earth was going on when I asked him to take this picture!


And we had the great news that from next month we can go on retreats for real!  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! We love to hear what you think of goings on and will always try very hard to reply. To help us to do this, please make sure your email address is enabled in your Google ID. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...